Monday, October 5, 2009

Karate Kid


Meet our new "watch dog" for robbers. Wesley signed up for karate with an agenda in mind:

-to be able to beat up robbers!

-to beat up his sisters if they are mean to him!


Doesn't he look scary???


He's so proud of his white belt and can't wait to earn his yellow belt!




Whether he ever gets to beat up robbers or not....I'm just glad he's learing self disciple, respect, focus, confidence and is having fun!

He's such a cute little guy and he's grown up a lot this last year! It's good to see him so excited about this class!








5 comments:

Shayne said...

Between him and the neighbors with guns, I would say you should be safe. I bet it will be fun for him to progress in this. I am sure he will soak it all up.

Jenn Douglas said...

Your blog looks great! It looks like Wesley loves karate so far. I also liked what you did on the utah post. Way to be creative!

Tawni Lynn Smith said...

Hey SHezzie! Tell Wesley I love his Karate moves and outfit! I hope you had a good birthday. I was going to call and sing you this song but it didn't know if you would truly appreciate it being sick and all but here goes:
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you...You look feel like crap, and you look like it too!! Now, that should bring a smile to your face! I thought about calling all day during work and then Tawn had an out of town game right after school and by the time I got back home it was after 9:30 so I decided against calling tonight. I will call and sing you that beautiful song tomarrow. Hope you get feeling better! Love you, Jocelynn

jenhatch said...

I think you found the perfect fit for Wesley! He looks so dadgum cute in that gee... even cuter in person! Let us know when we can come watch him!

Smith Family- Puerto Rico Style said...

my boys are dying to get into karate too! but couldnt they just settle for a good old game of Mighty Mouse out on the front lawn?