Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tyler's a Missionary!

Lately I've had a lot of experiences that are waking up my brain to the fact that I'm old! It seems like yesterday that I'd come home from my college classes, snuggle Tyler on the couch and watch Beauty and the Beast. When the wolves scared him, I protected him. When the Belle and the Beast danced, we did too. My little brother...the one I went roller blading with and washed the cars with.....is a missionary now.
One week ago he entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo Utah and will be heading off to Guatemala in April!
I've always been impressed with the kind of kid Tyler was. He's a leader and has conviction. He's such a good uncle and always takes time to out to play with the kids. Our last memory together was going ice skating. He'd speed up behind Annika, sweep her off her feet and twirl her around. My kids think he's great!
I'm so proud of my brother for taking 2 years of his life to teach people the gospel of Jesus Christ. In our eyes it's a sacrifice, but he knows it's the least he can do for all our Heavenly Father has done for us. And where much is given, much is expected and he has a lot to offer the people of Guatemala!

1 comment:

Jenn Douglas said...

Good post, Sherrie! I love it. Maybe you should post a little more often, so you can make it into a book! Just an idea!